This is how I feel after every Christmas. I hardly ever covet other people's things, however after Christmas there are three groups of people I envy:
1. Those with larger houses.
2. Those with a garage!
3. Those with a large attic.
I do not necessary want all of these, one would be good. Half my house sits outside in the garden in stacker boxes and I love the feeling of space. I am now faced with the dilemma of not only fitting all the new stuff we have accumulated over Christmas in, but I still have to fit all the old stuff from the garden back in as well.
It is an never ending process and often we feel we achieve nothing much, hence the analogy to the Titanic!
Today was most defiantly one of those days, where the downsides of a large family are evident, unless you are mega rich and have a large house, large garage, large attic and cleaner! We worked hard all day but have nothing much to show, there's still a mess everywhere and the kids are moaning they didn't sign up for tidying just 3 days after Christmas, I take their point, I didn't either but it's a draw back I accept.
There are open boxes full of my most favourite job of all (not) packing up the outgrown clothing. Urgh. It takes days. There are the boxes for the attic (haha like we can squash in anymore, I am however optimistic to the end) bin bags to give to people of clothes that are fashionable and therefore will not stand the test of time in the attic, and lastly the bin bags for The Salvation Army or Homeless. There is also the small pile of off cuts I keep. I once read a book about a grandma that made a quilt out of all her favourite children's clothes and I hope to do this too one day, so all the memory clothes are cut up ready for this task.This would be manageable with a few less kids, for me it takes about a week. Now the majority of the kids are older I was optimistically hoping they could do this themselves but I still seem to be packing up most of it. hmmmmm......
So onwards and upwards tomorrow in the bid to achieve the impossible and repack our house, neatly ready for the next busy term ahead.
1. Those with larger houses.
2. Those with a garage!
3. Those with a large attic.
I do not necessary want all of these, one would be good. Half my house sits outside in the garden in stacker boxes and I love the feeling of space. I am now faced with the dilemma of not only fitting all the new stuff we have accumulated over Christmas in, but I still have to fit all the old stuff from the garden back in as well.
It is an never ending process and often we feel we achieve nothing much, hence the analogy to the Titanic!
Today was most defiantly one of those days, where the downsides of a large family are evident, unless you are mega rich and have a large house, large garage, large attic and cleaner! We worked hard all day but have nothing much to show, there's still a mess everywhere and the kids are moaning they didn't sign up for tidying just 3 days after Christmas, I take their point, I didn't either but it's a draw back I accept.
There are open boxes full of my most favourite job of all (not) packing up the outgrown clothing. Urgh. It takes days. There are the boxes for the attic (haha like we can squash in anymore, I am however optimistic to the end) bin bags to give to people of clothes that are fashionable and therefore will not stand the test of time in the attic, and lastly the bin bags for The Salvation Army or Homeless. There is also the small pile of off cuts I keep. I once read a book about a grandma that made a quilt out of all her favourite children's clothes and I hope to do this too one day, so all the memory clothes are cut up ready for this task.This would be manageable with a few less kids, for me it takes about a week. Now the majority of the kids are older I was optimistically hoping they could do this themselves but I still seem to be packing up most of it. hmmmmm......
So onwards and upwards tomorrow in the bid to achieve the impossible and repack our house, neatly ready for the next busy term ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment