Sunday, 22 January 2012

The Bunk Bed Cot!

Anya obviously finding our efforts to put up her cot amusing
Wouldn't Matthew Wright have a field day with this one!
I can hear him now.
'That poor family, so over crowded they have to squash two children into their room in cots on top of each other'.
'How disgraceful, the children will suffer'.....etc....yawn.......
Well, no actually Matthew, and I wish you had actually been there to watch the combined efforts of our "far too large in your eyes' family club together to get the twins new beds erected.
Thinking we need more space to get this thing up!
We had a laugh, we took photos, children played and entertained the babies and together we got the task achieved. I can think of a lot of family's with just one or two children where the kids would not have dreamt of helping and chipping in as ours have done this weekend.
And, if twin cot/beds/bunks where not in fact needed, then why is there a company doing rather well making them.
It has taken all weekend to figure out where to put them, and in the process I have managed to get rid of three bin bags of clothes I really won't ever wear again , but for some bizarre reason have kept in drawers 'just in case'. Well, we no longer have room for ' just in case' so The Salvation Army now have them instead.
When the cot arrived I did break out in a cold sweat that I had mismeasured the small space we do have and over judged this. Given the price of the cot, this would not have been good. It took some putting together as you can see from the photos but it is very sturdy and the twins loved it from the moment they went in it.
It will last them until they are six now and converts into a great bunk bed with a ladder when they are ready. At least we are sorted now for the time being.
Hurrah we are done!

For more information on these marvellous cots go to: http://www.shanticot.co.uk/

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea, but the lower bunk looks like my monkeys would escape from it easily. :(

    I wish your kids, many happy years in their lovley new beds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will have to see which twin is the escape artist and make sure they are on the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i never thought you could get these. im in a small 3 bd bungalow with 2 boys an 2 girls. an 1 on way. so def dont need these but a brill idea. would really save on space.

    ReplyDelete