Monday, 25 July 2011

25TH Wedding Anniversary!

It seems a good day to start this new blog.
We have been married for 25 years!
I got up, and got all my bridesmaids ready (in the dresses I had helped to make) put on the headresses I had made myself, and then got myself ready.I did my own hair and make up, and painted my own nails.
Some one from our church owned a vintage car and he drove me to my wedding.
Afterwards everyone (all 420) stayed for coffee and cakes and then we had the reception in the back hall.The food was donated by everyone in the church, who had chosen to make a starter, main or pudding.
It was a fantastic day, and everyone commented on what a marvellous time they had, had.
We had none of the modern day trimmings or the things I am planning for my own daughter, yet it was great.
It is very hard to think of the people we were then, the dreams and aspirations we had at 22 and 24 are so very different from where we are today.
I can fully understand why so many marriages break down, so much has happened to us over the course of 25 years, and some of it could well have torn us appart.
But it didn't, and we are still here, still together.Today I thank God for my husband, beautiful children, lovely friends and hopefully 25 more wonderful years!

No comments:

Post a Comment