Today the girls and I went to Abakhan fabrics (http://abakhanfabrics.co.uk/ )in Mostyn, a huge treasure trove for anything crafty! I have been going there since I was a student studying Textiles and love to walk down the aisles of fabrics imagining what I can make. Invariably I bring back a bag of goodies and today was no exception.
Today, however , we went to buy all the little bits and bobs that make a wedding unique.
Abie's getting married! My beautiful and intelligent 23 year old daughter gets married in just ten months time.
My role?
Walking auto bank and cheque book.
No, seriously, it has been great fun planning the day with her.She is very fussy and has very set ideas on what she wants, which was exactly like me.She loves details and has thought of everything.
We are making all the invitations during the summer before she starts her third, and hardest year of University.
She not only goes to Uni, but also does her freinds and families hair as well as looking after Ella, my grandaughter.She works hard and I have a great deal of respect for her.
We arrived home armed with tons of paper, card, ribbon and lots of other crafty stuff.
Who would of thought nearly 26 years ago, when I was walking around as a penniless student that I would be back planning a wedding with my eldest of 11? Not me, that's for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment