Sunday, 8 April 2012

The bean bag


Our new bean bag arrived this week.
Not your run of the mill ordinary sized one, I may add, but our huge Big Bertha!
And she's big!
Usually these are out of our price range and budget, however with my groupon voucher we got over £100 from the price.
She arrived in a box and we had to fill her ourselves.
I foolishly tried to do this at around 12.30 am on my own.
After watching several thousand little white balls spill on the floor I realised I needed back up.
Martha was brushing her teeth and Susie was watching TV so they were both swiftly enlisted.
Eventually we filled it, just as I was zipping it up, Susie said 'well done' and gave the bag a huge pat, and the little beans came spilling out again. We all fell about laughing. These beans have amid of their own, believe me.
Finding a space for Big Bertha has been a challenge to say the very least. My husbands face was a picture when he saw the size.
It's great to have her here. We now all have somewhere to sit on video nights!
I love snuggling up on her. 
I am catapulted back to my college days when I bought my first bean bag.
I can still remember snuggling up on it every night after tea. I used to place it next to the radiator in my campus room.I cherished the peace and quiet, my independence and my cosiness all on my own.
My bean bag represented so much of my new freedom, my new life.
Snuggling up on big bertha sent me right back 30 years.
So strange how something can evoke such memories.
Many happy snuggly times to come I think.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I remember my first bean bag too. It was one I made for a soft sculpture for my art class and it was decorated to be a rock. I remember my teacher gave me a big fat 0 for the mark as she told me off for buying the bean bag. I replied that as I had made the whole thing from scratch, I was actually flattered! :)

    It lasted many years and was so comfy! I need to make some smaller ones for the kids to sit on in front of the telly and some bigger ones for the larger bodies in our family.

    Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making some for the kids bedrooms too. We bought some huge cusions cheaply and some lovely Cath Kidson material from Ikea to cover them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, pink color is liked by girls and especially for bean bag as it is comfortable, cozy and fun to use.

    Bean Bags

    ReplyDelete