Sunday, 16 December 2012

Still here!



I have not felt able to write this week, as however much I tried it all sounded to shallow and meaningless.
After a death nearer to home, hearing of the sudden sadness at the loss of a child, my dear friends new born baby in SCBU very poorly and then the shootings of 20 children exactly the same age as Mair, I struggle to think of very much else.
I cannot begin to comprehend the absolute horror of finding out your child has been shot, let alone gunned down several times with a rifle, to have injuries so horrific you cannot see them, but rather have to identify them by a photograph.
My mothering instinct would kick in, I would long to hold them, one last time, to be denied this, must make the pain so much worse.
I would be wondering what my child's last moments were like and would be tormented by these.
To kiss your child goodbye in the morning never realising it was for the very last time, is something no parent should endure, yet many have.
To write about my own family and it's trivialities at such a time, feels empty and hollow.
Instead, if you are reading this, pray for those families, cherish your own, live each day too the full, because we never know if it will be our last.

1 comment:

  1. One of my little girls is the same age too and I cannot even begin to comprehend what these parents are going through right now. My whole family have been completely shocked and saddened by this awful tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everybody involved xx

    ReplyDelete