Monday, 7 January 2013

Bootcamp is going to be replaced this year by.....

The great learn to run for the northern run!
Given I am absolutely the worst runner in the entire universe of running this will be quite a challenge.
My husband, a runner, fell around laughing at the mere proposal, so what did I do, well of course I applied for the ballot for the Northern Run.
13.1 miles around Newcastle and Sunderland.
Hmm
I can run for about a minute before falling to the ground in a heap.
So, I have my new training app, curtesy of the Northern run website.
It guarantees I will, if I follow it, be able to run for a whole 20 mins in 8 weeks.
I cannot wait!
It will be nothing short of a miracle.
So tonight, we got the babies to sleep, watched the news headlines and then at 10.20 in the wind and cold, braced the outdoors for my first, 20 min fast walk.
Thankful we live by the sea and at least even in the dark it's scenic at least.
The other plus is I can do this with Simon instead of leaving him to look after the children whilst I go to the gym.
The other plus is it's cheap! Very cheap. This is good!
So next time its the 1 min run one 1 min .
Oh dear, the running starts.
Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment