Friday, 22 June 2012

Bootcamp blog week 21 & 22 -The wedding one!

July 2011-3.5 months after the twins.
June 2012




















What a difference 11 months makes!
Here's the difference- or more precisely what I have burnt off, sweated off, dieted off and virtually killed myself to loose.
Weight loss: 3 stone 1 lb. or 43 lbs.
Bust: 6.5 inches
Waist : 12 inches
Hips: 4 inches
Upper leg: 5 inches inch
Knee: 3 inches each
Arm: 2 inches each
That's a total of 32.5 inches.
I think the difference is evident from these photos.
I went into hospital with the twins, weighing 4 stone 5lbs more than my normal weight. Of course I lost over a stone giving birth! I now weigh 8 lbs less than I did when I got pregnant, and in fact I am at my lightest for about ten years!
When I look at these photos I am proud of myself.
Rarely do I achieve such an amazing goal.
If you have read my blog you will know the struggles I went through to achieve this.
It was not easy, but comparing these two photos, how I would have hated, on my daughter's wedding too look like the one on the left.
I know looks are not everything.
God knows, anyone who sees me on a daily basis cannot accuse me of vanity! Quite the opposite.
But weight has always been an issue.
The most important thing is I feel good about myself again. It's nice to fit my clothes, to not constantly hide under swathes of material, or consciously buy clothes that hide my shape. It's lovely when people compliment me too. I don't think I have ever been told I look stunning, not after my daughters wedding am likely to again, but for that one day I did, honestly feel like a million dollars, and it was a really unusual , but good feeling. It has made all the months of hard work truly worthwhile.
I can genuinely look at the wedding photos and not cringe at myself, as I so often do.
So, where do I go from here?
Well, firstly back to bootcamp, this week. 
It was hard, I was sooo tired. But I did it.
That's going to be me for the rest of my life now.
I still want to be like the granny I stand with. Lifting weights at 78!
I have new goals now, new things to focus on.
I have not really deviated from my diet very much. I have added some caffeine, brown bread and a few naughty cakes and biscuits, but I am sticking mainly to chicken eggs and fish again. It has become a way of life now, and means I can maintain the weight loss easily.
I want to rid myself of my still flabby middle (twins twice was a killer for a flat tummy) so I am concentrating on exercise there.
I want thinner, more toned legs (family aversion and genetically fat legs!)
I want to loose the extra few pounds that was my original goal. I didn't quite get there because in the run up to the wedding I was too tired to care, I stayed up too late and my body needed caffeine, carbs and some nice bottles of wine!
I will continue my bootcamp journals and let you know my progress.
But for a brief moment I will bask in the glory of actually liking a photo of myself!


2 comments:

  1. Brillant Fiona, you should be so proud of yourself also you have done amazing. I don't know anyone else with 11 children and a job that can stick with a program determined!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona,
    Congratulations on losing 32.5 inches and your post will encourage others to start losing extra weight and to lead healthy and active life. Different exercises in boot camp helps in losing weight and toning muscles with quick results and more fun than typical programs.

    ReplyDelete