The last time I went for a make over was the week before my wedding, 26 years ago. It was my first make over and I chose Estee Lauder. I am a sad person and have religiously stayed with her for 25 years.
I buy my eyeshadow, foundation and lipgloss once a year on my birthday, when they have a special offer and I get some free bits and bobs as well. The teenagers laugh, it lasts me all year! Possibly because I only wear the tiniest bit of make up to work, and never at any other time.
So today was a bit of a novelty.
Back I was in Debenhams in Chester (where I went for the first makeover) 26 years later for my second one.
The passage of time has meant I need to drastically re think my make up. Drag Queen is not an attractive wedding look!
Abigail re assured me that ALL THE CELEBS swear by MAC as do ALL the make up artists! How could I refuse? So we booked for an hours makeover and consultation. It was good fun to go together, I would have felt a conspicuous fool alone it's fair to say!
I had the delightful; Nina, who came highly recommended. I explained I did not want to look haggard or to have my wrinkles excentuated any further. I explained what I was wearing and the colour scheme and left the rest up to her. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
Don't get me wrong, I do not look any more like Cheryl Cole than I did beforehand (sadly) but I did look at lot more glamourous than I usually do!
It was SO complex I had Nina lay everything out in order and I took mobile phone pictures!!! She also filled in a chart and coloured in a face to show me where to put things! I think I may need some practices infront of the mirror.
The makeup bill , for me was mouthwateringly painful. Abigail reassured me this will last forever and I will only have to top it up. It is the most makeup I think I have ever bought!
It will certainly be another 25 years before I go again that's for sure!
Watch this space for photos!

No comments:
Post a Comment