Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Happy Birthday to me!!!

There's something unexciting about birthdays when you get to my age.
I no longer leap out of bed in anticipation, rather I crawl out in some subconscious slumber too see how many new wrinkles have developed overnight!.
Every things heading south rapidly and birthdays remind me of the execration of this process.
I also equate it now to the day before we cremated Joshua, so I no longer wish to celebrate it that much.
Infact I have downplayed it so much the children have no idea when it is now.
As celebrations go, I don't like the fuss. I would far rather the children made me something nice when they want to rather than because a certain day prescribes they do. Likewise are my feelings towards Mothers Day and Valentines Day, oh dear I am sounding like a kill joy!
Saying that, the children made me some hilarious cards and I had a somewhat eventful day.
In the torrential rain that went on all day and night I started a new contract in Denbigh (45 mins away). Just about to leave with Bella and Martha (who go to school there) Simon returned (he was taking Mair to breakfast club) to say his car wasn't working. I had to chase around doing the school runs and then going to work. The car needed petrol so we had to stop on the A 55. As we were approaching the A55 sliproad again, Martha commented the car was very windy...perhaps because the boot was open. On closer inspection my brief case had also fallen out. Thankfully a lovely man in a van had watched the whole thing and followed me with my briefcase in tow.
Amazingly, I arrived in work 5 mins early, looking like a drowned water rat however!
Thankfully the group I was teaching were lovely and the rest of the day was uneventful.
So there goes another one....I wonder what will have changed in a year?

No comments:

Post a Comment