A somewhat surreal experience happened today.
I walked into the local hospital, and PAST all the ladies waiting to see the consultant as part of their maternity check ups.
I didn't sign in, not join the usual hour long wait.
I didn't have a bump, bring a urine sample or endless extra pages of notes or compare my 'bump' to everyone else's.
Even the receptionists looked shocked.
They know me well!
Instead I walked past with Bella, and down the stairs to her Orthodontic appointment instead.
Weird!
Half of me wanted to go upstairs and say 'hello' to all the familiar midwives, nurses and my wonderfully patient consultant. But it was heaving, so I didn't.
Instead I watched paste be mixed, impressions be made, and talked after brace care.
We walked out, my beautiful 16 year old and me, not chatting excitedly about the forthcoming baby, but rather about the much longed for , forthcoming brace removal!
Was I upset about this shift?
Surprisingly no.
My life is shifting and changing.
The bulk of my large family will, in a few years all be adults.
I still have my little ones for quite a while, and I am beginning to embrace these changes.
Perhaps today was a 'first' of many more to come?
I walked into the local hospital, and PAST all the ladies waiting to see the consultant as part of their maternity check ups.
I didn't sign in, not join the usual hour long wait.
I didn't have a bump, bring a urine sample or endless extra pages of notes or compare my 'bump' to everyone else's.
Even the receptionists looked shocked.
They know me well!
Instead I walked past with Bella, and down the stairs to her Orthodontic appointment instead.
Weird!
Half of me wanted to go upstairs and say 'hello' to all the familiar midwives, nurses and my wonderfully patient consultant. But it was heaving, so I didn't.
Instead I watched paste be mixed, impressions be made, and talked after brace care.
We walked out, my beautiful 16 year old and me, not chatting excitedly about the forthcoming baby, but rather about the much longed for , forthcoming brace removal!
Was I upset about this shift?
Surprisingly no.
My life is shifting and changing.
The bulk of my large family will, in a few years all be adults.
I still have my little ones for quite a while, and I am beginning to embrace these changes.
Perhaps today was a 'first' of many more to come?
It was nice reading this blog. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete