Thursday, 29 March 2012

Determination gets you everywhere.

Bootcamp was cancelled tonight.
In my plight to shift the remaining weight as fast as possible, I have vowed to attend 5 -6 sessions a week.
This basically means self inflicted torture and pain constantly.
Without end.
So my only option of exercise today was to attend the morning session.
With the twins.
No mean feat I may add.
It took precisely three hours from getting up to getting out the door.
Anya woke and was fed, got Mair ready and did her hair. Caleb woke and was fed. Got myself ready. Did both washes and changes. Let them play whilst I packed up a travel cot, playmat, change bag, milks and foods, and bag of toys. I looked like I was going on holiday.
Fed them both breakfast, changed them again and packed them in the car.
By the time we arrived I felt like I had already completed a work out!
Then the twin dilemma.
A car load of stuff, two babies and just me.
Choose to try to lug all the stuff from the car to the gym first as the babies were safely strapped in their car seats.
Ran back to car.
Hmm now what.
Undid Anya, held her tight and undid Caleb.
By some miracle of science I managed to hold them both (bear in mind the weight 23 and 27 lbs now) and lock the car and make it through the gym doors.
Power yoga was just finishing.
A good job really, as the calm, inscent infested air was filled with twin screams.
Harmony shattered in an instant.
Then into the gym we trundled.
 By this time I had given up and handed ' good twin' (Anya) to someone else who had taken pity on me.
Put up the travel cot, plonked in the playmat and all the toys and then the twins.
The class started.
They were so bemused it stunned them to silence...... well for ten minutes at least.
Anya spent the whole hour standing up, smiling and cooing at everyone and bouncing up and down. Caleb played with his toys then spotted me and winged.
I managed to complete the lesson, pack up the stuff and got help back to the car.
Drove to Costa where I sat outside in the sunshine, enjoyed a skinny latte and chilled.
I can't say I will do this every week, but it wasn't actually as bad as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment