Saturday, 3 March 2012

The embarasing toilet moment.

Yesterday was most defiantly 'one of those days'.
I woke up really REALLY tired.
Perhaps woke up is an optimistic phrase.
Drifted from feeding a baby, for the hundredth time that night,  to launching myself out of bed an hour earlier than usual would be more accurate.
I went slowly. Doing my make up I managed to stick the eyeliner pencil in my eye, that wept, mascara ran and I had to start again.
Humph!
I was late to the childminder, Caleb screamed the place down as I left which was awful, and I was very nearly late for work. Thank God, no tractors and no red lights (both of which are in abundance on my route).
I had to work through all my breaks and lunch today. I raced to the toilets before my students arrived back.
The normal one was in use so I went into the disabled one carefully shutting the door.
As I was on the loo a group of students and their learning support mentor came to the door, gave it a good tug and then embarked on a discussion as to whether or not someone was in there, despite the fact it was showing red!
Not happy with the fact they couldn't open it , they started to jiggle the lock.
I was now anxious.
Racing to complete my task I hastily was doing up my trousers when the door flung open and 8 or so faces appeared!
Not happy!
I banged it shut.
Hmmm Dilema.
I have to get back to my class, but I didn't want the embarrassment of walking out infront of them all.
I waited.
Washed and dried my hands slowly.
Realised I couldn't hide in a disabled toilet for 2 hours.
A tentatively opened the door.
They were all there, waiting.
Oh the shame!
I re told the tale to my students.
When they had picked themselves off the floor from laughing they were sympathetic.
Then came afternoon break, by which time my lunchtime water had hit my somewhat weak bladder.
As I approached the toilets with trepidation , my students were there.
'It's okay Miss, we will stand watch' they all said.
Hmmm do I trust them. My head says no, my bladder says yes.
I went in.
Locked the door.
Doubled checked it.
Checked again just incase.
'Miss, what would you do if we tried to open the door'?
'fail the lot of you, and make sure you never darkened the college door again'.
'Okay Miss, we wont't, we get the picture'.
Exit five mins later job done, dignity in tact.
'We were only joking Miss'.
Yeah right girls...........

No comments:

Post a Comment