There's something therapeutic about releasing balloons .
We go to the beach every year to release them on Joshua's birthday and now we go again a month later to release them for my mother, and the children's 'gaga'.
To release a balloon with a message on it helps us to remember those we love. The messages are private and personal and a token of our continued emotional attachment to the person who has died.
Although we have all been on an aeroplane and 'know' theoretically that heaven is not up in the sky , there is still some sense of watching the balloons fly high to another place, just beyond our reach where our loved ones are that brings peace to us all.
Whatever your theology, for us it helps. We take some time out of our busy lives to remember those who can no longer be with us, but whose presence is greatly missed by all.
We are so very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place that makes it very easy to do these things privately.
I hope, where ever my mum is she enjoyed watching us all on the beach tonight and I hope our messages reached her, somewhere. I like to think they did.
The children all love going to the beach and doing this each year, I just pray for a long time we will only have to do this twice a year.




No comments:
Post a Comment