Saturday, 13 October 2012

The special little moments are the best

Sometimes we are so busy just with life, we don't ever stop to appreciate the little moments.
The faster my children grow up, the more I become aware of these.
I find myself wanting to hold onto them more, perhaps inadvertently hold onto them in the hope they wont disappear forever.
Sadly they do.
They are replaced by new ones , thankfully.
Today was one of those.
I am trying very hard this year not to work at the weekends. It is just so easy too and to find other things to occupy the children. This year I vowed to do things differently. It means being a bit more behind than I would like to be, staying up a bit later and planning my time better, but it is working and my sanity is returning.
Every weekend we take the little ones out. Often this is too the beach, the mountains or too the mountain zoo or swimming, all of which are either free or relatively cheap.
I took Mair to the theatre today with a friend and her daughter.
The show was a bit cringy for me but Mair adored it. As the curtain went up her face lit up, it was one of her favourite TV programmes brought to life. She is old enough now to realise there were people inside of the costumes instead of when she was younger and thought they were the real TV characters, however it did not detract her pure joy at the event. She sang and danced and enthused about the predictability of the plot, she loved the interval and the treats and had a truly special time.
I just loved watching her. I watched her more than the show. I marvelled at her innocence and her beauty. I loved her enthusiasm and her absorption in the whole event.
Little moments to hold onto.
FOREVER.


1 comment: