 |
| Luke in full swing |
 |
| Martha |
 |
| Dad and Mair |
 |
| Mair could not contain her excitement! |
 |
 |
| How to entertain twins! |
Dad |
As a large family was a large age span too, it is often hard to please everyone all of the time, well near impossible. Everyone, no matter what age, however enjoys going bowling, so for a couple of years now, on New Years Eve this has been the family treat! We follow this with a meal in Pizza hut.We rarely do these things (just too expensive) so they are a real treat, and enjoyed by everyone. We used to suffice with a night in and videos but now we have a lot of teenagers this seems a bit 'lame'. I am always encouraged on New Years Eve that many other families have much the same idea and it's always a good atmosphere at the super bowl. This year we raided Asda afterwards for Pizzas and snack foods, as the twins are ill and wingey and not up to a restaurant! we ended up making a wise choice! as they were up most of the night (again).
 |
| Jono |
 |
| Tea time! |
After the fireworks were over, we finished a film, the kids went to bed and I headed off into town at silly o'clock to pick up our 18 year old and some friends, do the taxi run, and return home. simon had gone to bed to feed the babies and the kids had tidied up behind themselves but sadly the washing up fairy had not done her job, neither had the tidy up the food table fairy, so another half hour was spent doing these jobs. By then I was awake so I wrote my blog and had a cup of coffee. Collapsed into bed at about 3.30am only to be woken by Anya screaming the place down at 4am. Nothing was working for her so sat rocking her until 5.15am, slumped to sleep and Caleb woke at 6.15am. Simon got up and fed him, but he has a stinking cold and teething too, so his cries woke up Anya at 6.45am. She has a bottle, coughed and projectile vomited the lot over me and the bed! We all somehow drifted off to sleep until around 9am.
 |
| Anya joining in the conversation |
The joys of twins, sharing a room, our room!
I look convincingly hung over, even though I am sober through about 10 days sleep deprivation. I have absoulty no idea how, on Friday I will get out the door at 8am with twins to the childminder and then get to work and teach all day!
Happy New Year zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
No comments:
Post a Comment