Wednesday, 16 May 2012

I have heard some daff things regarding my twins but this one takes the buscuit!

The twins had there 12/13 month injections yesterday.
Well theoretically.
Caleb never got his because he had a rash, so he has to wait another week.
We were called into the examination room by the practice Nurse.
'Anya and Caleb Beavan' she said.
As we came in she said ' My haven't they grown, they are twins aren't they?'
We sat down, Anya on my knee, and Caleb on Dad's, Mair chatting away happily.
She glanced at Anya and then Caleb.
'Are they the same age?'
Well it took us all our time not to burst out laughing!
Many a thought ran through my mind, least of all, what exactly was her training and was she actually safe to stick a needle in my babies!
My Husband said he was sorely tempted to say 'what age gap do you think there is?'
Or 'With a nine month average gestation do you really think one is 9 months and one 18?'
We have heard some daft things in our time, the most common being "Are they identical?'
Given Anya is a girl and Caleb a boy, no!
Also Anya has dark straight hair and Caleb has wild blonde curls!!!!
But this one took the biscuit.
I wonder if she later cringed at what she said?
Cannot wait to take Caleb for his jabs next week!!!

3 comments:

  1. Not a completely daft question... Read more about delayed interval delivery here: Can twins be born a month or two apart?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as polite as you, I would have laughed outloud! I am laughing so much now I can barely type. It doesn't give you much confidence in her skills really does it? Good luck next week - make sure she gets the needle the right way up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given she had their medical cards with dates of birth right infront of her Rob...........

    ReplyDelete