 |
Bella and Susie at Bella's ROA yesterday
I was once again reminded of how much I had always wanted an older sister yesterday.
It was the day of Bella's ROA, or Graduation. Susie (two years older) was given half a day off school to come along and to help get Bella ready, as both me and her father were at work.
When we arrived, Bella's make up was immaculate and just to her suiting, her hair was beautifully styled and fake nails professionally applied.
We asked how she had managed such a transformation, and she said that Susie had done this for her.
How very fortunate she was to have her sisters help, love and friendship that morning.
How much I wished I had that sort of relationship with a sibling myself.
|
 |
| Susie and Bella 8 years ago with their American Girl collection. |
Two years before it was Susie's turn to get ready and Abie was there at hand to help her, likewise, two years before that Abie was there to help Miriam. Three years prior to that I helped Abie. It seems now my job is defunked, appart from Photographer, I have obviously been deemed too old and out-of- touch!
 |
| Bella and Susie at the beach |
As I have realised many, many times before, my children are so lucky to have one another. Sure they do not all get on, and some naturally bond better with others, but at the end of the day they are there for each other.There is a uniquness about their relationship that I have never had as an only child.
They have a shared history.
They can sit and reminisce for hours and remember funny incidents I had long since forgotten.
I hope they keep that ability to remember as I grow old, because then I will rely on their memories to keep me smiling!
 |
| Bella and Martha in Prague |
I love watching the way they interact with each other. They can virtually be ignoring one another, then one can have a wardrobe crisis and the others jump into action to help her get ready and look good, offering tops, trousers makeup and perfume.
It is truly heart warming.
 |
| Miriam (and homemade face mask) and Susie |
As small children we have endless photos and videos of the games they played, the things they made and the shows they put together for us all.
I cherish each and everyone.
Now the first ' batch' are getting bigger, leaving home to find their own paths in the world. They enjoy the peace and quiet of their own homes, yet they love to come back and share in all the family events. Without their presence I always feel my family incomplete.
 |
| Mair and Anya |
We now have anew batch of little ones again. They are more spread out in ages. The older girls will sit for hours with Mair helping her to dress up, painting her nails, doing her hair and playing Barbies so patiently, because they know this is important and how much they all loved and valued this time with their sisters.
 |
| Abie and Susie (on Abie's Hen night) |
The older ones are friends now. They have very different lives and personalities, but it is lovely to see at parties and events that closeness once again.
 |
| Susie and Bella (left with my apple mac and a free day!) |
I love all the daft and stupid things they do. They make me laugh, they have given me such a wealth and totally made up for my own very lonely and very adult childhood.
My dearest wish is that throughout life they will retain this bond, for it will give them strength when things are tough, will keep them happy and grounded and give them a love and security that out there, there are a group of people who are on their 'team'.
Team Beavan!
No comments:
Post a Comment