I have a nasty ability to take on too much.
In fact I cannot ever remember a time I was bored or had nothing to do.
My 'to do' list gets added to on an almost daily basis and no matter how hard I try, I never seem to be able to ever get it substantially knocked down.
Of course with a large family, there are always things I have to do, to keep the house running and the children clothed and fed.
On top of this, now the majority of our household are teenagers, there seems an never ending list of things to do! Including being a taxi service half the weekend. We try to encourage as much independence as possible, however sadly we have to be watchful, especially of the girls. It is a hard balance between protecting them, and letting them do things by themselves.
As I have had a more extended time off with the babies, I have been able to concentrate much more time on the charity. This in turn has generated a lot more work. Good, but a bit over whelming at times. I have been so grateful for the offers of help I have received as so often it is a one man band effort to keep it all running. I am updating the website as well, which seems to be taking me forever.
Now it's the lead up to the GCSE's and the children need our help to prepare, explain, support.... and of course buy equipment, books and pads etc..
It is also the girls bi annual Dance Show. This involves endless rehearsals, costumes and yet more expense! As four of them are in two separate shows this is a military operation in itself to get them all where they should be with the right stuff as well. They love appearing i the shows, and the experience is fantastic so I don't grudge them this at all.
There's also Luke and Bella's ROA daytime and evening events coming up. As they are in separate schools this involves separate nights and daytimes, time off work, more outfits, shoes and bags (well for Bella!!)
We also have Abigail's wedding in just 6 weeks now. We are making a lot of things for it personally and again the list seems never ending. It is lovely to be able to make the day so personable, and we are trying hard to knock things on the head each week so we don't have a last minute panic, but I am not sure!
I have another project in the pipeline as well, which has taken nearly a year to complete. It's very exciting but very time consuming.
Sometimes I just feel a little overwhelmed.
This week had defiantly been one of those weeks. A few other events have been thrown into the mix and its felt a little insurmountable. I have taken a few days off here and the internet in general. I have had a break. I feel better. The weather has been great, I met up with a school friend quite accidentally whom I had not seen for 30 years. I feel refreshed and ready to work hard to tackle my list once again.
In fact I cannot ever remember a time I was bored or had nothing to do.
My 'to do' list gets added to on an almost daily basis and no matter how hard I try, I never seem to be able to ever get it substantially knocked down.
Of course with a large family, there are always things I have to do, to keep the house running and the children clothed and fed.
On top of this, now the majority of our household are teenagers, there seems an never ending list of things to do! Including being a taxi service half the weekend. We try to encourage as much independence as possible, however sadly we have to be watchful, especially of the girls. It is a hard balance between protecting them, and letting them do things by themselves.
As I have had a more extended time off with the babies, I have been able to concentrate much more time on the charity. This in turn has generated a lot more work. Good, but a bit over whelming at times. I have been so grateful for the offers of help I have received as so often it is a one man band effort to keep it all running. I am updating the website as well, which seems to be taking me forever.
Now it's the lead up to the GCSE's and the children need our help to prepare, explain, support.... and of course buy equipment, books and pads etc..
It is also the girls bi annual Dance Show. This involves endless rehearsals, costumes and yet more expense! As four of them are in two separate shows this is a military operation in itself to get them all where they should be with the right stuff as well. They love appearing i the shows, and the experience is fantastic so I don't grudge them this at all.
There's also Luke and Bella's ROA daytime and evening events coming up. As they are in separate schools this involves separate nights and daytimes, time off work, more outfits, shoes and bags (well for Bella!!)
We also have Abigail's wedding in just 6 weeks now. We are making a lot of things for it personally and again the list seems never ending. It is lovely to be able to make the day so personable, and we are trying hard to knock things on the head each week so we don't have a last minute panic, but I am not sure!
I have another project in the pipeline as well, which has taken nearly a year to complete. It's very exciting but very time consuming.
Sometimes I just feel a little overwhelmed.
This week had defiantly been one of those weeks. A few other events have been thrown into the mix and its felt a little insurmountable. I have taken a few days off here and the internet in general. I have had a break. I feel better. The weather has been great, I met up with a school friend quite accidentally whom I had not seen for 30 years. I feel refreshed and ready to work hard to tackle my list once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment